Apparently London transport system doesnt allow any spontaneity. Was charged extra on my oyster card as I forgot to tap on the system on my entry at Teddington rail station. As it seemed, now the transport system doesnt allow us to claim back the maximum fund deducted even on the spot. A couple of steps I had to take to ensure that my refund came back.
1. Get a receipt from the office and the number to call
2. Call the number only 24hr after that particular journey you are planning to reclaim for.
3. Make sure you will be travelling on the tube minimum of 24 hours after the call or maximum of a week else the refund will not be returned to the card.
4. If you have no intention of travelling on the tube yet, you can still give a call but get yourself a reference number for your case.
Limitation of this solution –
1. What happens if you lose your card?
2. Why cant the refund be sent to the train station office?
3. What if I have no intention of travelling on the tube for a while?
I have just credited the refund back to the station..my home station and it will be activated ONLY at 4am next day..BUT I just realised I have no intention of travelling on the tube for a while…and I may end up losing my refund after a week if I dont get to tap my card through the exit doors…